Go Further Investment Index – Panel Discussion
Join us on 24 June at 9:30am as we explore all the best things about doing business in Scotland and across the Northern Powerhouse regions.
As part of UMi’s Go Further Investment Index, this panel discussion will see a team of experts come together to zone in on the business landscape of Scotland and the North, highlighting key opportunities for companies and discussing how to take advantage of them.
The session will allow SMEs to find out more about finance and funding, support networks and research clusters as well as tackling key questions such as:
- Why are Scotland and the Northern Powerhouse such great places to do business?
- What does the business support landscape look like across these two areas?
- Why is the North West breeding so many “unicorn” companies?
- What advice is on offer to companies looking for investment?
The Go Further panel discussion will be hosted by UMi CEO Nicki Clark.
- Henry Whorwood, Head of Research and Consultancy, Beauhurst
- Alisdair Gunn, Head of Business – Glasgow City Innovation District and Industry & Innovation Engagement, University of Strathclyde
- Khadija Ashfaq, Investment Manager, Northstar Ventures
- George Richardson, CEO, AeroCloud Systems (Go Further Investment Index Nominee)
Attendees will have the opportunity to submit questions to the panellists and gain vital insights into how investment could help their business go further.
Date: 24 June
Time: 9.30am to 10.30am approx
Register for your place today: https://events.weareumi.co.uk/go-further-index/registration-form
This is the second roundtable to take place as part of the Go Further Index. Watch the first - Growing Pains: How Investment Can Help Start-Ups Go Further - at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkX0_YcxXuM
The Go Further Investment Index is an opportunity to engage, showcase and celebrate progressive businesses who are pushing through and achieving their aspirations through access to investment, impactful collaborations, and the foresight to inform and respond to the changing world around them.
It is open to Northern Powerhouse and Scotland-based businesses of all sizes and from all sectors, but we are particularly interested in businesses operating within bio-science, health tech, clean energy, decarbonisation, circular economy, data and digitisation, space and satellite, tech, AI and advanced manufacturing.
For more info visit www.gofurtherindex.co.uk.