Looking after your mental health when seeking investment – Lizzy Hodcroft
An experienced entrepreneur and passionate advocate for looking after our mental health, Lizzy Hodcroft is an inspiring public speaker on both topics. Having founded two businesses, The Sweet Beet and Discova, she is now sharing her experience as a self-employed consultant and speaker. Lizzy is also an Associate with Newcastle University, giving lectures on vulnerability in leadership, as well as Inspirational Lead at the Enterprise Academy. Lizzy draws on a wealth of insight from her own mental health struggles combined with her experience of business accelerators and investment as an ambassador of the Go Further Investment Index.
Watch this video to hear mental health and entrepreneurship speaker, consultant and trainer Lizzy Hodcroft’s thoughts on:
- Why she has become an ambassador for the Go Further Investment Index
- How she started on her entrepreneurship journey
- Looking after your mental health as an entrepreneur
- Managing the investment process
- Looking after your mental health throughout your entrepreneurial journey will make the experience a lot easier and more enjoyable.
- It’s important to learn how to set and stick to your boundaries, sit with difficulty and remember that emotions are a means to an end – action isn’t always needed – sometimes you just need to have the patience to ride out a difficult time.
- Make sure you’re doing other things outside of seeking investment to keep a sense of balance and to give you wins to talk about with investors.
- Lizzy teaches about entrepreneurship, vulnerability and mental health as an Associate with Newcastle University, Inspirational Lead at the Enterprise Academy and through her own consultancy – find out more about Lizzy’s work at: https://www.lizzyhodcroft.com/
Go Further Investment Index
The Go Further Investment Index is an opportunity to engage, showcase and celebrate progressive businesses who are pushing through and achieving their aspirations through access to investment, impactful collaborations, and the foresight to inform and respond to the changing world around them.
It is open to Northern Powerhouse and Scotland-based businesses of all sizes and from all sectors, but we are particularly interested in businesses operating within bio-science, health tech, clean energy, decarbonisation, circular economy, data and digitisation, space and satellite, tech, AI and advanced manufacturing.
For more info visit www.gofurtherindex.co.uk.