PODCAST: Jonny Grubin on being an 'all-in' entrepreneur
In our second podcast, we speak to the Founder and CEO of one of the UK’s most exciting technology companies. Jonny Grubin is the entrepreneur behind SoPost, an online product sampling platform helping brands get their sample products to engaged customers. The 30-year-old has been interested in business his entire adult life, setting up his first venture when he was aged just 14. He has weathered his fair share of adversity in the years since then, dropping out of university to run a business that ultimately failed and facing plenty of setbacks in establishing SoPost. What got Jonny through was his all-in, failure is not an option mindset.
Listen below to hear what Jonny had to say about what it takes to be successful in business and why it’s important to be open-minded to new opportunities.
- Jonny Grubin founded SoPost in 2012 to pursue this concept of the ‘social post’ – a dynamic postal address that would allow people to send items to others without knowing their address.
- After conversations with other business leaders, he decided to move the company in a new direction – helping brands run their product sampling campaigns online.
- SoPost is now one of the most high-growth potential start-ups in the UK with offices in Newcastle, London, New York, Paris and Berlin.
- Jonny’s advice to other entrepreneurs is to have conversations, keep an open mind and be prepared to change course if something better comes along.
- You can find out more about SoPost by visiting www.sopost.com and following Jonny on Twitter at @groob.
- If you're a budding entrepreneur, you can get all the support you need with UMi. Visit our starting a business button to find out more.