Scottish enterprise trade visit to South Africa
This Trade Mission, delivered by UMi on behalf of Scottish Enterprise, focussed on the cities of Johannesburg and Cape Town in South Africa. The market visit saw 11 Scottish SME’s travelling to South Africa to participate in a week-long Market Visit. The trade mission was cross-sectoral, with a wide range of businesses attending.
This market visit included:
- Gauteng province briefing by GEDA (Gauteng Economic Development Agency)
- Botswana Political and Economic Overview Networking
- Networking Reception at Trade Commissioners residence, Johannesburg
- UKTI Doing Business in South Africa briefing
- UKTI Doing business in Cape Town briefing presentation, delivered by WESGRO (the official Destination Marketing, Investment and Trade Promotion Agency for
the Western Cape)
In between these group sessions, a range of one-to-one meetings were arranged, offering direct sales opportunities for Scottish businesses. As a result of this trade mission 9 or the 11 businesses who attended expected to win business, with a total projection of over £1.4m of new business being generated as a result of the visit.