Sustainable cities mission to Chongqing and Changsha, China
On behalf of UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) Construction & Infrastructure Team, UMi organised an outward mission to China, visiting the cities of Chongqing and Changsha. The attendees included representatives of 12 large and small UK companies involved in delivering sustainable solutions in the developing urban environment in China’s second tier status cities.
The main aim of the mission was to showcase the UK’s expertise in delivering sustainable urban development projects and products. The mission was designed to allow UK companies to meet and present their knowledge and expertise directly to municipal and provincial government and local contractors, consultants and developers through roundtable conferences, meetings, 1:1 networking and a site visits.
This trade mission included:
- Formal Meeting with the Mayor of Changsha
- Roundtable Meeting with Yunlong Demonstration Zone Management Committee
- Networking Reception at the British Consulate in Chonquing
- Roundtable discussion with Beibei District Government
- Numerous seminars and workshops
Three UK companies indicated that they expected to win new orders as a result of attending the mission to the value of £4.5m - £5.5m.