Making a Bigger Difference
We are B Corp certified
Certified B Corporations are leaders in the global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy. A network transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet.
UMi was certified in 2022 and evaluated on more than 200 criteria across five categories including governance, environment, workers, community and customers; far exceeding the benchmark rating of 80 required to achieve B Corp status and receiving a high rating of 121.
We are connected
We have seen first-hand the power of our community working together and breaking through barriers that seemed impossible.
This is why we are also touched by the impact of isolation on individuals, families and communities across our regions.
The dedicated UMi Community Fund has contributed more than £114,398.96 since 2019 to local charitable projects that make a real difference.
We work closely with the UK Community Foundations, whose nationwide network ensures that our donations are invested in our chosen purpose: overcoming isolation.
We are responsible
We have all the right credentials and accreditations to be responsible, but it is the commitment by everyone at UMi which makes us impressive.
Best described as a pledge, we take great care in behaving responsibly in everything that we do:
- We aim to reduce our impact on the environment by preventing pollution, reducing waste, reducing consumption of natural resources and CO2 emissions.
- We have targets for recycling, reduction in electricity usage and reduction in paper usage and have achieved ISO 14001 for Environmental Management.
- We also consider the environmental impact when planning and delivering our events.
We are trusted
We work with our supply chain in a way that seeks to improve their social, environmental and economic impacts:
- We have policies on sustainable procurement and anti-bribery that we review and update regularly.
- We ask our suppliers questions about their approach to fair pay, the environment, health and safety, equality and diversity.
We Are UMi
Our ambition is to be the best example of an employee-owned business in our sector and to be a workplace where talented people thrive.
Our Employee Ownership Trust creates long-term value for everyone in the UMi team.
We believe that businesses can help create a better world through how they invest in their team, work with suppliers and their attitude towards the environment.