GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering this website you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions set out below. If you find these terms unacceptable, you must leave the website immediately.
- The content of this website is the sole property of UMi, you can find details of the companies within UMi by clicking. All intellectual property rights (including without limitation any copyright and design right) existing in this site and any products displayed on it belong to UMI save where indicated to the contrary. You may download pages of this website to a local disk or other storage media and you may print off extracts of this site and share both within your organisation strictly on the basis that you do not do so for profit and on the condition that UMI′s copyright notice is preserved at all times.
- Otherwise, reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited unless for personal use. None of the content of this website may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored on any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form whatsoever. You may not frame any part of this website.
- BUSINESS QUARTER, BQ® and BQYEARBOOK are trademarks owned by UMi and are used in this site under licence from that company. Any other trademarks, whether registered or otherwise, remain the property of the appropriate trade mark owner.
- Whilst UMI has taken every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, no warranties express or implied are given as to the accuracy of the information contained on the website. No action should be taken or omitted in reliance of any information or advice placed on the website. All orders received are accepted strictly on the basis of our terms and conditions of business.
- UMI shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the use of any of the information on this website. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that this website is virus free, we recommend that you take precautions against infection. UMI cannot accept any liability for damage sustained as a result of the transmission of viruses, worms, trojans or any other malicious content.
- Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed at and are intended solely for use by those accessing the website from the United Kingdom mainland. UMI makes no representation or warranty that any product, service or information referred to or contained in this website are appropriate for use in other locations or jurisdictions. Those who choose to access this site from other locations or jurisdictions are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
- Any links to external sites are provided for your convenience only. UMI does not approve of, endorse or otherwise recommend the content of any third party site and can accept no liability for the availability, suitability or content of such website(s) to which you will be moving.
- The Start Up Loans Company is a UK-wide, government backed scheme, which offers a repayable loan to individuals over the age of 18 who have a viable business idea but no access to finance. The scheme funds businesses in every sector. As well as financial backing all loan recipients are given access to a mentor, free training events and exclusive business offers. UMI are part of a network of official Start Up Loans referral partners across the UK who signpost people to the scheme. We do not provide any business support as part of this partnership, and will not charge you for anything related to Start Up Loans.
UMI ONLINE USER TERMS
- Use of the Site
The Site is provided to you for your personal use subject to these Terms. By using the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms.
We may update these Terms from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Site. Any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Site. If you continue to use the Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
3.1 Each registration is for a single user only.
3.2 You must ensure that the details you provide to us on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
3.3 You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information you have provided to us by updating your personal details. This enables us to communicate with you effectively.
- Access to the Site
The level of content you see on the Site is dependent on what type of user you are. There are two types of user, as follows:
4.1 An ‘Anonymous User’ is a user of the Site who does not register through the site’s registration form. Anonymous Users have access to part of the Site content but some content pages will not be until registration.
4.2 A ‘Registered User’ is a user who registers on the Site through the site’s registration form, providing the requested information. Registered Users have the option to receive a regular e-mail bulletin, and have access to all Site content.
- Intellectual property
The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without prior written permission from the Company.
- Your use of the Site
6.1 You may not use the Site for any of the following purposes:
6.1.1 disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
6.1.2 transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
6.1.3 interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Site; or
6.1.4 making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
6.2 You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause.
- Editing material
The Site allows you to submit material for inclusion on the Site. Whilst the Company does not control the submission of material, we do reserve the right to delete, move and edit any material submitted. Publication will be at our discretion.
- Restricted material
8.1 You are solely responsible for the material you submit to the Site and by submitting any material you agree to follow these rules. You may not submit any material which:
8.1.1 advertises or promotes any goods or services;
8.1.2 reveals any confidential or sensitive information;
8.1.3 contains or links to any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory or indecent material or material which is deliberately intended to upset other users;
8.1.4 contains any material which you do not have permission to use (including material which may be protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights or any other form of intellectual property right);
8.1.5 contains viruses or any other components with harmful or contaminating effects on the Site or any equipment connected to it; or
8.1.6 impersonates any living person.
8.2 The Site offers you a forum to submit material and you agree to be responsible for all the Company’s losses arising out any breach by you of these rules.
- Licence to use material
By submitting material to the Site you are granting the Company a perpetual royalty-free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and allow others to use any material you submit in whole or in part or in any form. We will try to credit authors of the material where possible, but cannot guarantee to do so.
The Site contains material submitted by others over which the Company has no control. We will ask all users to follow these Terms but cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of other material. We do not endorse any of the material published by any others on the Site.
- Availability of the Site
11.1 Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available on or via the Site will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that such services will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Site you should report it by e-mail to ‘email@example.com’ and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
11.2 Your access to the Site may occasionally be restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
- The Company’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
12.1 We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms.
12.2 You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing either by e-mail to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, or by post to ‘UMI, Spectrum 6, Spectrum Business Park, Seaham, County Durham SR7 7TT’. If you do so, you must stop using the Site immediately.
12.3 The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Site shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
- The Company’s liability
13.1 The Site provides content from other internet sites or resources and while the Company tries to ensure that material included on the Site is correct, reputable and of high quality, it does not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content. If the Company is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
13.2 If we are in breach of these Terms, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you use the Site. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
13.3 This clause 13 shall not limit or affect our liability resulting from any products sold through the Site being found to be unsafe or if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
14.Third party websites
As a convenience to customers, the Site includes links to other websites or material which are beyond its control. The Company is not responsible for content on any site outside the Site.
- Advertising and sponsorship
Part of the Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible to you for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
- Applicable law
These Terms will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
- International use
We make no promise that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
18.1 You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
18.2 If you breach these Terms and the Company chooses to ignore this, the Company will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms.
18.3 The Company shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
18.4 The Site is owned and operated by UMi Commercial Limited (trading as ‘UMI’) of Spectrum 6, Spectrum Business Park, Seaham, County Durham, SR7 7TT; Telephone: 0191 389 8492; E-mail: ‘email@example.com.